Vella backyard layer pellets provide the protein levels required by laying chickens to maintain high levels of egg laying.
Warning: Last items in stock!
A traditional and popular layer pellet feed for all poultry especially laying chickens. Provides the protein required by laying chickens to maintain high levels of egg laying. Back Yard Layer pellets have been formulated as a layer pellet to suit all breeds of layers from point of lay (18 - 20 weeks of age). Also suitable as a “phase out” feed after laying levels have reduced because of bird age, usually greater than 52 weeks of age.
Disclaimer: If multiple 1kg, 2kg, 3kg, 5kg or 10kg items are ordered they will be combined into a 20kg bag or multiple 20kg bags.
# Proteins - No urea, all protein in the form of true proteins sources.
# Energy - To assist with egg production.
# Trace Mineral Premix - To assist in maintaining nutritional balance and layer health.
# Pellet - easier acceptance and intake by layers, especially bantams.
# Clearly Identifiable Bags - Avoids using the wrong product.
# Easy Lift Bag - For your safety.
|Typical Analysis||As Fed||Dry Matter|
|Energy KCAL/ kg||1800||2045|
NOTES: 1. Only the 20 kg size is sent in its original packaging. The other sizes are repackaged and provided in clear plastic bags. 2. Trace mineral premix added, for more detailed analysis please contact Vella Stock Feeds.
- Introduce to birds from 18 - 20 weeks of age.
- Intake varies from 105 grams - 140 grams per day depending on bird health, breed, lighting, housing, climate conditions and water supply.
- Feeding hens to production is important to maximise bird health, egg production and yolk colour.
- Fresh, clean water to be accessible at all times.
- Greens can be fed in conjunction with pellets.
- Older hens (>2 years) egg production will decline rapidly.
- Egg production rates will vary according to a range of external factors including bird age, housing, lighting, variable weather conditions, predators, inoculations and hygiene to name a few.
- Phase supplementary feeding both in and out gradually to help avoid setbacks.
- Housing should be well vented but draft free.
- Ensure clean, cool water is accessible at all times.
- Feeders and waterers need to be easily accessible and cleaned of litter on a regular basis.
- Quarantine sick layers to prevent possible outbreaks.
- Dead layers need to be removed straight away and disposed of. Revision: 20070808
This will only calculate shipping on items that are currently in your cart
A premium poultry feed pellet with 17% protein to help facilitate egg laying in laying Laying Hens, Ducks, Geese, Quail, Pheasant, Breeding Poultry, Show Poultry. A thin cut pellet for increased palatability.
Free Range Scratch Mix has been formulated for those who prefer a natural grain based diet to suit all breeds of poultry layers from point of lay. Blends grains and protein pellets together with Molasses oil to enhance palatability and energy density.
A super-premium diet, high in omega 3, 6 and 9 which is pelletized with cold press technology. Includes, Probiotics, Prebiotic, Nucleotides, Acidal, Molodri, Lucerne, Hemp Seed and Vitamins/Minerals etc. High levels of quality oils (like Coconut Oil) and natural Vitamin E will ensure high fertility levels and superb feather quality for show birds.
NRG Garlic & Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural antibiotic which is popular for amongst poultry keepers. A rich source of potassium and sodium. Also suitable for other animals. Assists with joint conditions.