Free Range Scratch Mix has been formulated for those who prefer a natural grain based diet to suit all breeds of poultry layers from point of lay. Blends grains and protein pellets together with Molasses oil to enhance palatability and energy density.
Warning: Last items in stock!
NOTES : 1. Only the 25 kg size is sent in its orginal packaging. The other sizes are repackaged and provided in clear plastic bags. 2. Trace mineral premix added, for more detailed analysis please contact Vella Stock Feeds. 3. Orders including multiple small bags ie under 20kg will be combined together and supplied as one bag.
Feeding Tips :
- Introduce to birds from 18 - 20 weeks of age.
- Intake varies from 105 grams - 140 grams per day depending on bird health & breed, lighting, housing, climate conditions and water supply.
- Can be blended with layer pellets to give variety to layers diet and further enhance mineral content.
- Fresh, clean water to be accessible at all times.
- Greens can be fed in conjunction with scratch mix.
- Older hens (>2 years) egg production will decline rapidly.
- Egg production rates will vary according to a range of external factors including bird age, housing, lighting, variable weather conditions, predators, inoculations and hygiene to name a few.
- Phase supplementary feeding both in and out gradually to help avoid set backs.
- Housing should be well vented but draft free.
- Ensure clean, cool water is accessible at all times.
- Feeders and waterers needs to be easily accessible and cleaned of litter on a regular basis.
- Quarantine sick layers to prevent possible outbreaks.
- Dead layers need to be removed straight away and disposed of.
This will only calculate shipping on items that are currently in your cart
A premium poultry feed pellet with 17% protein to help facilitate egg-laying in laying Laying Hens, Ducks, Geese, Quail, Pheasant, Breeding Poultry, Show Poultry. A thin cut pellet for increased palatability.