Contains annual ryegrass as a ‘nursery’ grass for quick germination to limit weed competition and soil erosion. This provides an ideal situation for the kikuyu seed to germinate and flourish. Kikuyu tolerates clay, sandy and dry conditions and will also self-repair after any damage.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/01/1970
Searles Kikuyu Lawn Seed Blend 750g
Searles Kikuyu Lawn Seed contains annual ryegrass as a ‘nursery’ grass for quick germination to limit weed competition and soil erosion. This provides an ideal situation for the kikuyu seed to germinate and flourish. Kikuyu tolerates clay, sandy and dry conditions and will also self-repair after any damage. The annual ryegrass will dye out after the first year leaving a thick and luscious kikuyu lawn.
Maintenance & Hints:
- If uneven establishment occurs, cultivate bare patches and apply more lawn seed.
- Regular applications of Searles Robust Lawn Booster will ensure a healthy lawn.
- First mowing should be done at 10cm average grass height. Do not remove more than 1/3 of grass height at any one time. Grass should not be shorter than 4cm deep.
- By applying Searles Penetraide Rewetting granules, you will save money by using less water and provide better growth. Apply every 4-6months.
- Germination and lawn performance will vary due to many factors.
- All Searles lawn seeds are tested to an industry standard of minimum germination rate of 85%.
- Environmental factors such as climate and weather, soil types and general application and fertilising processes may vary its performance.
- Available size: 750g.
Directions for sowing:
- May be sown all year round. Germination may be affected by cold or hot days.
- Prepare soil by cultivating to a depth of 6-8mm.
- Break down clods; remove large rocks, sticks and weeds.
- Even soil until level, filling in hollows and flattening lumps.
- Ensure soil pH is correct. Soil pH should be between 6-7. If acidic add lime.
- Apply Searles Penetraide Rewetting granules to promote moisture penetration for better and stronger growth.
- Spread seed in 2 directions, half in north-south direction, half in east-west direction. Ideally, use a seed sower for better results. Ensure sowing is even and not in patches.
- Water with a fine spray and maintain soil moistness until grass has established to approximate 8-10cm. Do not over or under water, as this will affect germination.
- Ensure area is free from traffic.
- For long-term healthy growth, fertilise through growing season with Searles Robust Lawn Booster controlled release fertiliser.
This will only calculate shipping on items that are currently in your cart
Queensland Blue Couch is a soft, fine leaf grass which has a blue green colour which mows to a beautiful carpet. Ideal for temperate and sub-tropical areas. Sow from late September to late February. NOT to WA. See disclaimer before ordering.